For Consent
For Bio Medical Waste

Frequently Asked Questions - Consent Procedure

Q. Which are the Conforming Industrial Areas in Delhi?
Ans. Please Click below to the zone to know the Conforming Industrial Areas in Delhi.
        North Zone    South Zone    West Zone    East Zone

Q. Who is eligible for obtaining consent?

Any Individual/Industry under Orange or Green Category running in the above mentioned Industrial Areas shall apply for the Consent to Establish/Consent to Operate from Delhi Pollution Control Committee.

Q. Where do I go and during which hours?

Delhi Pollution Control Committee, 4th Floor, ISBT Building, Kashmere Gate, Delhi - 110 006, between 10.00 A.M. to 4.00 P.M. on any working day.

Q. Are applications forms priced?

Yes, application on prescribed format under Air & Water Act are available on payment of Rs. 100/- in the form of Demand Draft payable to Delhi Pollution Control Committee.

Q. From where I will obtain the form?

You can obtain the Form from the Office of the Delhi Pollution Control Committee, 4th Floor, ISBT Building, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-06 Or Click on Green Category Form or on Orange Category Form to Download it from this Website.

Q. Which papers/documents/fee, do I take with me?

Duly filled application form alongwith:

  1. the prescribed consent fee under Air Act, 1981 and Water Act, 1974. Please Click here for Consent Fee Structure.
  2. An affidavit worth Rs. 10/- and having declaration in the prescribed format, duly attested by a notary public.
  3. Other documents e.g. layout plan of the unit, location map of the unit, balance sheet, manufacturing process details, proof of possession of the premises and MCD license (if any).

    Note : Separate demand draft in favor of Delhi Pollution Control Committee for Rs. 100/-, if the form is downloaded from the internet.
Q. What will be the Criteria used while deciding my case?
Ans. The General criteria used are:
  1. Location of the unit.
  2. Permissibility of the activity as per MPD-2001.
  3. Completeness of information given in the form
  4. Installation of Effluent Treatment Plants (ETPs)/Emission Control System (ECS), if required.
  5. Status of D.G. Sets and enclosures over them.
  6. Findings during inspections conducted (in case of orange category)

Q. When will I get a response?
Ans. You should be getting a response normally within four months.


My industry has been categorised by Ministry of Environment and Forest under Green Category and DPCC has categorised under Orange Category why?


The criteria developed by Ministry of Environment & Forest is for guidance and is not mandatory.  Every State Pollution Control Board has the right to develop its own classification of industries depending upon the conditions prevailing in the state.

Delhi faces a peculiar situation by virtue of the PIL filed by Sh. M.C. Mehta in the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in I.A. No. 22 under this PIL Hon'ble Supreme Court of India has directed that the provision of MPD-2001 should be followed in respect of Delhi and has cast the duty upon all the concerned departments/agencies of Delhi Govt. to ensure this.

DPCC has categorised the industrial activities into Red, Orange and Green vide office order dated 05-07-1999 (mainly based upon MPD-2001, categorization submitted by DPCC and Central Pollution Control Board in Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and also on the pollution potential.


Are the consent to Establish/Operate granted in non-conforming areas. if not why?


No consents are granted in non-conforming areas.  In CWP No. 4677/85, Hon'ble Supreme Court of India has directed to close down, all polluting units operating in non-conforming/residential Industrial areas of Delhi.  Under these, order a large number of units were relocated by Department of Industries to newly developed industrial area in Bawana.  Also, the nodal agency, formed for supervising the implementation of Hon'ble Supreme Court's directions, and Delhi Government have identified F-27 and F-33 categories of Industries respectively (Click Here for the list), in the first phase, which have been /are to be closed down in non-conforming areas.  As mentioned above DPCC is bound to follow the provisions of MPD-2001.  Therefore, no industry which is non-conforming with the provision of MPD-2001 is granted consent.


We are not water polluting/air polluting industrial unit.   Do we need to apply for consent with DPCC?


Yes, Under Section 19 of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 Delhi has been declared as the Air Pollution Control area.

As per provision of Section 21 of this Act no person shall, without the pervious consent of the State Board, establish or operate any industrial plant (any plant used for any industrial or trade purpose) in an air pollution control area.


I am involved in trading activity, Do I need to apply for consent?


At present, consents are not required for enterprises engaged only in trading activities.


Whom should I contact for installing ETP/ECS in my unit and to issue adequacy certificate for the same.


DPCC has approved reputed consultants for the purpose.

1. Delhi College of Engineering
Bawana Road, Shahbad Daulatpur,
2. Steel Authority of India Ltd.
Scope Complex, CGO Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 03
3. Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
Sector-3, Pappankalan, Delhi-45
4 Metallurgical & Engineering Consultants (I) Ltd. (MECON)
15th Floor, North Tower Scope Minar,
Laxmi Nagar, Distt. Centre,
New Delhi-92
5 National Physical Laboratory
Krishna Menon Marg, Pusa Complex,
New Delhi
6 Projects & Development India Ltd.
PO Box No. 125, A-14, Sector-1, Noida, UP
7 National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)
Chandrawal Water Works, Majnu Ka Tila, Delhi.
8 School of Environment & Management
Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University,
Kashmere Gate, Delhi - 06
9 Rail India Technical & Economic Services (RITES)
New Delhi House, 27, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi
10 Department of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Engineering & Technology,
Jamia Milia Islamia, Maulana Zohar Ali Marg,
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi - 25
11 Water & Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS)(I) Ltd.
223, Ansal Chamber-II,
6, Bhikaji Cama Place,
New Delhi - 66


From where can I get the effluent/emission/noise discharged/emitted from my unit monitored.


Please Click Here for the approved labs of DPCC for various purposes.


I have an office and have installed a D.G. Set.  Do I need to take consent from DPCC.


DPCC does not issue consent for offices.  For D.G. sets you are required to install acoustic enclosure meeting the prescribed norms/standards for noise for D.G. Sets.